Primary Chalkboard: Find a Friend: Last Day of School Edition

Find a Friend: Last Day of School Edition

The end of the year is always so busy with finishing things up, special projects, and assessing. You get to that last day and you are spent, but your students have loads of energy! That last day seems to fly by and drag on at the same time. All I know is that I have about 4 hours (we usually have a half day) where kids are excited, work is completed and turned in, projects are (hopefully) done, and still we want to make it memorable and special.  I've posted about my beginning of the year "Find a Friend" activity. I like to get them moving, talking, learning about each other. Well, I thought it would be fun to do this same activity at the end of the year.  :)



I made two different formats. They are basically the same, but one is a little more wordy. The one of the left says, "Find a friend who will... this summer." The one on the right just has a word or phrase. The one on the right can be more versatile. You can tell students that they can look for kids who want or wish they were doing those things for summer. There might be some kids who don't have the opportunity to do some of these things, so I thought that might be a way to make it fun and inclusive for everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment